The INDO-AMERICAN ARTS COUNCIL is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit arts organization passionately dedicated to promoting, showcasing and building an awareness of the arts and artists whose heritage lies in the Indian subcontinent in the performing arts, visual arts, literary arts and folk arts. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable by the law. For information please visit www.IAAC.us
Goals and Objectives
- Build an awareness of Indian artistic disciplines in North America.
- Raise enough money to be able to sponsor artist’s activities.
- Function as a central clearing house for funds for artistic disciplines.
- Present artistic events in the disciplines.
- Promote and build an interested, aware and educated audience.
- Act as a service and resource center for Indian art, artists and arts organizations.
- Compile directories of artists in each of the artistic disciplines.
- Have our own space.
- Have regular outreach programs to schools and colleges.
- Encourage young artists to present their work.
- Create a network for all the various artistic disciplines to share information and ideas.
- Foster an exchange of artists and arts related information between India and the United States.
- Sunil Hali, Executive Director & President
- Aseem Chhabra, Film Festival Director
- Deepsikha Chatterjee, Dance Festival Director
- Giri Coneti, NYIFF Review Committee Member
- Imrana Khera, Grant Writer
- Lakshmi Ramanathan, NYIFF Review Committee Member
- Monty(Lokesh) Kataria, Production, Special Events
- Nili Lakhani, Investor Relations, Membership and Special Events
- Piya Jyoti, Volunteers and Special Events
- Reetu Rastogi, Special Events
- Rohan Gupta, Theatre Director
- Satish Kolluri, NYIFF Review Committee Member
- Suman Gollamudi, Public Relations, Media and Sponsorship
- Sunny Thakkar, Music Festival Director
- Uttara Coorlawala, EB DanceFest Director
- Parul Shah, DanceFest Curator