Located in New York City, Indo-American Arts Council Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit arts organization passionately dedicated to promoting, showcasing and building an awareness of arts and artists of Asian Indian heritage. The artistic focus is primarily on the performing arts besides the visual, literary and folk arts. All donations are the tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable by the law. For information please visit www.IAAC.us
Goals and Objectives
- Build an awareness of Indian artistic disciplines in North America.
- Raise enough money to be able to sponsor artist’s activities.
- Function as a central clearing house for funds for artistic disciplines.
- Present artistic events in the disciplines.
- Promote and build an interested, aware and educated audience.
- Act as a service and resource center for Indian art, artists and arts organizations.
- Compile directories of artists in each of the artistic disciplines.
- Have our own space.
- Have regular outreach programs to schools and colleges,
- Encourage young artists to present their work.
- Create a network for all the various artistic disciplines to share information and ideas.
- Foster an exchange of artists and arts related information between India and the United States.